Our candles burn cleanly and safely, however it’s important to keep in mind that accidents can still happen when candles are used improperly. Protect yourself, your home, and your loved ones by practicing these simple safety tips.
1. Never leave a burning candle unattended. A lit candle should always remain within sight, and remember to extinguish all candles before leaving a room or before going to sleep.
2. Always to be sure that your candle isn’t placed on or near anything that could catch fire. Burning candles can ignite furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, as well as many other household objects, so always be sure to check for fire hazards around and above your candle before you light it.
3. Never place a candle within reach of children or pets. Both children and pets can be seriously burned when coming into direct contact with an open flame. Do not place lit candles where they can be knocked over or tampered with by children, or pets.
4. Always be sure the to place your candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface, and never place a candle near heavy foot traffic.Candles placed on an unstable surface can be knocked over, possibly causing damage to the table or other surface and can also result in personal injury, injury to those around you, or even a larger fire.
5. Never lean or dangle clothing or hair over a candle. Holding anything above a candle can lead to a larger fire, but when hair or loose clothing catch fire serious injury or death is possible, so always be safe around fire. Always stop drop and roll if your clothes or hair catch fire.